2019 victorian craft awards
Established by Craft Victoria in 2015, the Victorian Craft Awards present and celebrate excellence in contemporary craft practice and welcome applications from emerging, mid-career and established craftspeople across the state of Victoria. The Awards play an essential role in facilitating a peer-reviewed opportunity for makers, presenting a broad snapshot of the vitality of contemporary Victorian craft.
2019 marks the third iteration of this biennial event facilitated by Craft Victoria, celebrating the diversity of Victorian craft practice and highlighting the cultural and personal value of handmade crafted objects.
With over $20,000 in prize money, and supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria - the Awards provide significant support to contemporary craft artists. Details of more award categories will be announced shortly.
Applications of works utilising craft skills, processes and materials are welcome, with applications open from Monday 3 June - Monday 15 July 2019.
Up to 100 artists will be selected for exhibition.
Lynne Kosky Award for Contemporary Jewellery | Honouring the legacy of Victorian Government Minister and longstanding patron and advocate of the arts, Lynne Kosky,
Supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria,
Excellence Award | Supported by the Bowness Family Foundation.
Jardan Furniture and Timber Award | Supported by Jardan.
Jewellery Encouragement Award | Supported by the Williamson and Kosky families.
Emerging Artist Award | Supported by Moloney Architects.
People’s Choice Award | Supported by Craft Victoria.
Encouragement Award | Supported by The Australian Decorative and Fine Arts Society. (Yarra)
Applications for the 2019 Victorian Craft Awards are online only. Please refer to the following information to assist with your application.
Victorian Craft Awards application fees
• Non-Craft Victoria Member__________ $70
• Craft Victoria Member__________ $35
• Non-Member + Maker Membership __________ $130
(Package includes entry fee and Maker Membership)
• For the purposes of the Victorian Craft Awards, ‘craft’ is defined as a skilled practice using ceramics, glass, textiles, wood, metal, fibre, or other materials to create experimental, contemporary or traditional works. Painting, drawing and photographic works are not eligible.
• Applicants must be residents of Victoria.
• All entries must be the original work of the submitting artist and must have been made between 31 March 2017 and 2 June 2019
When assessing applications, the Selection Panel will consider whether the work displays:
• Artistic merit
• Evidence of strong craft-based skills
• Sensitive and resolved use of material
When applying applicants are required to submit the following:
1. Name, address and contact details.
2. Craft Victoria Membership status.
3. Artist bio. (Max.150 words)
4. Artist CV. (Max 2 pages) PDF or Word doc format only.
5. Information about your work including title, dimensions, weight, if it is a single work or
series and quantity of pieces. (up to five)
6. Artist statement relating to the work being submitted. (Max.150 words)
7. Images of the work you are submitting (up to five) 1MB each, JPG only.
8. Document of image captions. Must include: Artist name, title of work, year made, materials, dimensions and photographer credit. PDF or Word doc format only.
9. Whether ther work is for sale and artist price. (Not including GST or gallery commission)
10. Any special installation requirements.
For any questions or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
With special thanks to our Award Sponsors.