Expressions of Interest for Craft Cubed 2017 Now Open
8th Craft Cubed Festival – August 2017
DEADLINE FOR EOI FOR CRAFT CUBED FESTIVAL IS 17 MAY 2017
To submit an EOI, please use the form on this page!
Craft Cubed Festival is Craft’s annual celebration of the handmade and the biggest coming together of the craft and design sectors of its kind in Australia. This year the theme is Crafting Communities and will aim to showcase dynamic and creative communities through a multi-layered, open access festival. Through this concept, we will highlight diversity, multi-disciplinary practice, hidden networks and meaningful connections which are forged through contemporary craft.
Now in its eighth year, the 2017 festival seeks Expressions of Interest to from people like YOU to present creative, experimental and ideas-based craft and design projects under the banner of the Craft Cubed Festival.
We encourage participation by the small and large, the humble to the more significant, the traditional to the avant-garde. We are keen to showcase all types of craft and all kinds of events and projects. Simple online engagements to grand exhibitions – we want you!
Help us celebrate and present a diverse survey of what craft looks like in our state in 2017.
Your Expression of Interest just needs to be a snapshot of your project idea and a sense of your intention.
Types of project and events include (but not limited to):
- Workshops, classes and demonstrations
- Open studios
- Talks and seminars
- Films and performances
- Markets and retail events
- Street art
- Online projects
- Independent makers, groups and clubs
- Regional participation
- Emerging makers
- International makers, designers and curators
- Indigenous artists
- Makers involved in sustainability and eco awareness
What does it cost?
The participation fee is $25 for a regular satellite event. There are also two other levels of participation costing $100 and $200 which are optional. The other associated cost is your membership cost if you are not already a Craft member.
How to take part!
What Craft will do for you
Include your event as part of our festival
- Represent your project in our collateral including – website, printed program, social media
- Make a number of printed programs available to you for your own distribution
- Provide a briefing session and guidelines to running a successful event
- Invite you and your team to our launch party
- Provide an online space to connect, plan and discuss
- Welcome you into a community of makers and doers
How to take part
- Complete this Expression of Interest Form by 25 April 2017
- Complete the Registration Form - you’ll be sent a link when your EOI has been assessed (this is your opportunity to provide detailed information)
- Confirm your Membership by joining, renewing or cross-checking your existing membership
- Pay your participation fee – we’ll send you a link for easy payment
- Report on your project at the end of the festival – we’ll send you a survey to collect your
To discuss your participation in Craft Cubed Festival 2017 please contact:
03 9650 7775
Tuesday - Friday