CRAFT HATCH MARKET PROGRAM
RELAUNCHED & REIMAGINED
Craft Victoria’s famous market program is back…
After a short hiatus, Craft is bringing back Hatch with new energy and a new venue with all the same passion, support and freshness.
Craft Hatch is our emerging maker’s incubator market program which centres on a live market event.
Hatch is 100% maker-centric and lays solid retail foundations for those taking part.
Our new beautiful, light filled venue at 5 Easey Upstairs provides a cosy, undercover platform for our market day – with coffee onsite, easy parking and trams nearby within a well-cultured craft-friendly neighbourhood.
With an emphasis on fledging retail experience – the Craft Hatch program supports emerging makers in their first five years of practice, craft makers who have never had their own market stall before and those seeking extra retail support. In this sense, we loosely think of the Hatch program as “market school”.
The program includes mentoring and professional development guidance, and is a perfect gateway for makers to enter the retail scene and get a face-to-face experience with their potential customers.
Craft also offers incentives via discounted membership and public liability insurance to ease the pathway to professional retail set up.
The high level of professional display and presentation by stallholders means that from an audience perspective there is little sense that they are visiting retail novices.
- Next Market: 25 August 2018
- Application Deadline: 20 June 2018
- Apply for Accredited Membership: 1 July 2018
BENEFITS OF CRAFT HATCH INCLUDE
- Opportunity to come to market under the banner of Craft
- Professional development group session and guidance
- Promotion and social media via the Craft communications team
- A “Market Ready” booklet
- Discounted membership and insurance
- Visual merchandising support and encouragement
- Discounts to our Market Ready seminars
- Access to our Monthly Advice Clinics
- Market Day support – including table, chairs, power, volunteer support
WHO CAN APPLY
- Craft makers in their first five years of production
- Experienced craft makers who have little or no retail experience
- We warmly welcome Indigenous makers and asylum seeker organizations
- Applications are assessed by a panel at Craft, and due to the high demand we cannot always offer all applicants a space
good to know
- It costs $125 to take part – which includes stall, table, chair and the professional development prior
- You are welcome to share a stall to cut costs.
- You need to be or become a Craft Member
- You also need to have Public Liability Insurance
- You have the option of taking out discounted Accredited Craft Membership which includes Public Liability Insurance
- If you sell children’s toys you need to source your own PLI
- We do not accept makers of soaps, candles or beauty products