As part of a new relationship with Preston Market, we are creating a space for Craft Makers to showcase their practice LIVE at the Preston Market.
For more than 45 years Preston Market has been the fresh food and multi-cultural hub of Melbourne's North, playing a pivotal role within the daily lives of the people of Darebin and surrounds.
The Market has been undergoing a renewal and with works almost complete there is an opportunity to re-energise and deepen the market experience; celebrating traders and drawing in the community.
A new events and activities program at Preston Market has been launched to unlock creative opportunities and create positive change, through engaging experiences that grow out of the market.
We have a limited number of spots available under the banner of Craft and we are inviting members to apply to participate at Preston Market on 19 November.
WHO – Any Craft Victoria Member*
* if you are not already a Craft Member, you can become one from $30
WHAT – come to the Market and set up a mini-studio or making station for the day. Just come, make and let people witness your craft in action. You are also welcome to have works for sale, clipboard for gathering mailing list sign ups, business cards etc…
WHAT ELSE - You are also absolutely welcome to offer mini-drop in workshops at your table, and we can provide a few extra chairs to facilitate this. You are welcome to charge for this if you like. We suggest a simple gold coin (or a fiver – something simple and accessible).
WHERE – Preston Market, Cramer St & Mary St, Preston
WHEN – Sunday 19 November 2017
HOW – apply below
DEADLINE - 3 November 2017
- Have your own Public Liability Insurance (if you are a current Craft Accredited Member, then you do. Also short term one-off PLI is quite simple to get)
- Be prepared to be on site all day – we can not offer half days
- Provide everything you need to make-on-site
- Have any electricals tested & tagged
WE WILL PROVIDE:
- Chair and table if required (you might just like to sit on a blanket on the ground – up to you!)
- Promotion leading up to the day
- Coffee and lunch
- $60 per diem
Apply before the end of October 2017