Craft Hatch showcases emerging makers and those new to the market scene, at 1000 Pound Bend.
Our popular emerging makers’ market – Craft Hatch – hits 1000 £ Bend this August for a bumper edition for our Craft Cubed Festival. Visit over 30 craftspeople – some of whom are presenting their wares for the very first time. Plus a hands-on selection of makers running workshops and demonstrations throughout the day. We will be taking over upstairs and downstairs for a massive craft experience. Get amongst some of the freshest, newest, youngest makers that Victoria has to offer and have a delicious coffee or meal at the cafe too!
Our special events on the day include:
- Floristry Workshop with The Handsome Bloom
- Learn Crochet Embroidery with Jane Badger
- Basket Weaving with Adrienne Kneebone (Ancient Basketry & Native Grass Baskets)
- Bush Toys with Bronwyn Razem
- Wheel Throwing Demonstrations with Northcote Pottery Supplies
- Learn how to break up and reconstruct a Wooden Pallet
- Plus get involved with Stash Swap & The Golden Opportunity projects
image credit above: Yiying Lee
Sunday 9 August 2015
10am – 4pm
Taking Part in Craft Hatch 2015
Our popular Craft Hatch series of markets is perfect for craftspeople in their first five years of production or for those who have never held a market stall before.
If you are looking to develop your brand or gain experience in the craft industry, Craft Hatch is an excellent opportunity to make your first step into Melbourne’s art and craft scene. Craft Hatch is a launch pad for new makers to showcase their wares and set themselves up with confidence, skills and resources for future retail adventures. We also foster experienced makers who are yet to venture into the market arena.
Benefits of being in Craft Hatch
- Professional Development guidance
- Discounted membership including Public Liability Insurance
- Free Market Ready booklet
- Benefit from Craft Victoria’s marketing and reputation
- Networking opportunities and support from other peers and market stallholders
- Take part in a curated event
- 1000 Pound Bend venue includes bustling visitors to their CBD cafe headquarters and a standard trestle table
- Preferential opportunities for future 2015 Craft Hatch events
Read the Terms and Conditions here.
Email Project Coordinator, Gemma Jones via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the next Craft Hatch opportunity, or call on 03 9650 7775
Gallery images below feature work from the Mothers Day Craft Hatch – 10 May 2015.