Our popular Craft Hatch series of markets returns with a completely revamped schedule of venues and opportunities for 2015. The Craft Victoria-run emerging makers’ market is perfect for crafts people in their first five years of production or for those who have never held a market stall before.
If you are looking to develop your brand or gain experience in the craft industry, Craft Hatch is an excellent opportunity to make your first step into Melbourne’s art and craft scene. Craft Hatch is a launch pad for new makers to showcase their wares and set themselves up with confidence, skills and resources for future retail adventures. We also foster experienced makers who have yet to venture into the market arena.
Date & Venue
Our first Craft Hatch Market for 2015 is set to happen Sunday 10 May (Mother’s Day!) and will return to our old market stomping ground 1000 Pound Bend, 361 Little Lonsdale St. Melbourne.
Click here to apply to the May 2015 Craft Hatch market.
*Scroll down for the Terms and Conditions.
Deadline for application is Friday 17 April 2015.
Benefits of being in Craft Hatch
- Professional Development guidance
- Discounted membership including Public Liability Insurance
- Free Market Ready booklet
- Benefit from Craft Victoria’s marketing and reputation
- Networking opportunities and support from other peers and market stallholders
- Take part in a curated event
- 1000 Pound Bend venue includes bustling visitors to their CBD cafe headquarters and a standard trestle table (W:762 H:737 L:2440)
- Preferential opportunities for future 2015 Craft Hatch events
Watch this space for the announcement of our September and December markets.
Craft Hatch Terms and Conditions
- Stallholders must be Victoria-based practitioners. We accept Craft Hatch applications from emerging makers in their first five years of production. We also welcome established makers who have not had market experience.
- All products sold need to be 100% handmade in Australia and demonstrate a high level of creative design and originality.
- All applications will be reviewed by a panel of Craft staff and practitioners. The panel’s decision is final.
- All stall holders should be Craft Victoria members. We accept applications from both Craft members and non-members, however, should your application be successful, you will be required to become a member by choosing the membership package that is right for you. Craft Hatch participants receive a 20% discount. You will be issued a discount code to enable this.
- All stall holders must hold Public Liability Insurance. This is included in a Craft Accredited Membership or you can take out your own. Certificate must be supplied.
- Payment must be received within two weeks of confirmation.
- Stall is not confirmed until payment is complete.
- No refunds will be given for any cancellations after payment has been made.
- Stallholders are required to adhere to bump-in and bump-out times and safety regulations specific to the venue.
- Stalls must be staffed at all times. All stallholders are required to remove all rubbish and materials from their stall before leaving.
- If you opt to share a stand, and you do not have a preferred partner, we will partner you with someone. This is not negotiable.
IMAGE Stitch You Up at our August 2014 Craft Hatch