TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. For the purposes of the Victorian Craft Award, ‘craft’ is defined as a practice involving skill using ceramics, glass, textiles, wood, metal or other to create experimental, contemporary and traditional forms.
2. There is no limit to the number of entries an artist can submit. A separate application form and entry fee must accompany each entry. Only one work per artist will be shown in the exhibition.
3. Applicants must pay a non-refundable entry fee of $35 for Craft Victoria members and $50 for non-members (including GST) per entry. Entry fees contribute towards the cost of staging the Award. Craft Victoria reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Award and exhibition in which case the entry fees will be refunded.
4. Entrants must be residents of Victoria. Artists living and working outside of the state will not be considered.
5. Works must be freestanding, non-site specific, three-dimensional object, constructed of durable materials.
6. There are no dimension restrictions. Applicants must supply work that is freestanding or easily installed on a wall or plinth and can be securely displayed (works will not be displayed behind Perspex boxes, unless supplied by the artist as part of an installation).
7. All entries must be the original work of the submitting artist and must have been designed or completed within two years prior to March 2017.
8. Images, artist statement, entry form and C.V. must be received by Craft Victoria by midnight (EST) Sunday 2 April 2017 via online application. Late entries will not be considered or accepted.
9. Joint entries are permitted but all parties must be acknowledged on the entry form and support material submitted.
10. A judging panel will be determined by Craft Victoria who will determine the shortlisted artists.
11. To comply with Australian Taxation Law, Australian residents ABN must be quoted or, if a hobbyist, an exemption form must be completed by the entrant if they are a successful finalist.
12. It is anticipated that up to 100 works of art will be selected for the exhibition.
13. Craft selected for the exhibition must be delivered by Monday 22 May 2017 and collected from Craft Victoria in late July 2017.
14. Artists selected for exhibition are responsible for the transport of their work to and from the aforementioned venue. This includes freight and transport in both directions.
15. All works exhibited in the Victorian Craft Award will be for sale unless decreed otherwise by the artist at the time of entry. Craft Victoria will deduct a gallery commission of 50% from the sale of any works sold through the Victorian Craft Award. 50% of the commission will be retained by Craft Victoria as administration costs for staging the Award, 50% will be paid to the artist. The artist price listed on the entry form will remain as the final artist price to which a commission and GST will be added if the applicant is selected as a finalist.
16. All care will be taken with entered works, the work will be insured while under the care of the Craft Victoria. However, if damage occurs to the work while under Craft Victoria’s care that is deemed to be due to a design or material flaw in the object the Craft Victoria will not take responsibility.
17. The placement of all finalists’ art works within the exhibition will be at the discretion of the 2017 Victorian Craft Award team and Craft’s Curator.
18. Artists grant Craft Victoria and its licensee the right to reproduce images of the work and biographical material by any means in the media for archival and promotional purposes. The artist and their gallery (if applicable) will be properly acknowledged in such material.
19. Works that are not collected by a to be specified date in late July 2017 will become the property of the Craft Victoria, unless arrangements have been negotiated and agreed in writing, without any liability to the artist. After this date Craft Victoria may use or dispose of the work as it determines.
20. The Victorian Craft Award will presented across various venues in Melbourne to be determined by Craft Victoria.
21. Should key dates for The Victorian Craft Award change, entrants, finalists and the public will be notified accordingly.